Product Name : Palmarosa Oil
Botanical Name : Cymbopogan Martini varities Motia.
Country Origin : India
100% Pure & Natural
It is a wild growing, herbaceous green and straw-colored grass, with long slender stems, terminal flowering tops and fragrant grassy leaves. It is harvested before the flowers appear and the highest yield is obtained when the grass is fully dried - about one week after it has been cut. There are two varieties of grass from which the oil can be extracted - motia and sofia. Palmarosa oil has a sweet floral, with a hint of rose smell and is pale yellow in color with a nearly watery viscosity. It is fresh, floral, sweet, and slightly similar to geranium oil. The oil is extensively used as a substitute for attar of rose and as a base for perfumes and cosmetics. As a soap perfume, it is used for imparting a pronounced and lasting rose note.The reason behind this practice is that Geraniol is found in rose oil too.
Sweet, floral, rose like the odour with the herbaceous undertone.
Light yellow to yellow clear liquid.
Steam distillation .
1. It has excellent skin care properties and is also used to relieve stiff and sore muscles, while calming the mind and uplifting and invigorating the spirits and clearing muddled thinking. Antiseptic, antiviral, bactericide, cytophylactic, digestive, febrifuge and hydrating.Calm the mind, yet has an uplifting effect, while clearing muddled thinking.
2. It is used to counter physical and nervous exhaustion, stress-related problems and nervousness.
3. It is most useful during convalescence and cools the body of fever, while aiding the digestive system, helping to clear intestinal infection, digestive atonia and anorexia nervosa. It is effective in relieving sore, stiff muscles.
DIY (do it yourself):
1. Add 3-4 drops to bath water to promote balance and enhance relaxation.
2. To support skin renewal from injured skin, add a drop of Palmarosa to water when washing wounds.
3. Bedtime Bath Blend: 1 drop palmarosa essential oil, 1 drop lavender essential oil and 1 drop chamomile essential oil. Stir into warm bathwater.
Blends Well With: Lemon, Sandalwood, Ylang ylang, Lime, Grapefruit, Lavender, Mandarin, Cedarwood, Geranium, Tangerine.
Palmarosa oil is considered a non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing essential oil. This essential oil is generally for external use only. It is best to seek the doctor’s advice before using the oil in case you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
You may also like:
|Cymbopogan Martini varities Motia.
|Method of Production
|Color and Appearance
|Light yellow to yellow clear liquid.
|Sweet, floral, rose- like odour with herbaceous undertone.
|Country of Origin / Production
|Linalool ,Geraniol ,Geranyl Acetate.
|Density 20 0 C
|Refractive Index 20 0 C
|Not determined, estimated above 80 Degree C
|Insoluble in water, soluble in oils & alcohol
|24 months shelf life if stored properly
|To be kept in closed container, in a dark, fresh & dry place
|Harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes.