Product Name : Nutmeg Oil
Botanical Name : Myristica fragrans
Country Origin : India
100% Pure & Natural
Nutmeg essential oil is derived from Myristica fragrans. It is the member of Myristicaceae family. This tree grows very tall (up to 70 feet). In aromatherapy, this essential oil is widely used nowadays to combat inflammations. Nutmeg is also known by the names of mace, musclier, muskatbaum, magic, myristica, noz moscada, nux moschata, etc. This oil is very helpful in treating pain, menstrual cramps, stress, heart disorders, cough, indigestion, etc.
Warm, suave, spicy balsamic and strong aromatic odour.
Light yellow to pale yellow clear liquid.
This essential oil is extracted from the dried seeds by the process of steam distillation.
1. This warming spicy essential oil is used in aromatherapy to fight inflammations and muscle spasms as well as rheumatic pain, while assisting the digestive system and supporting the reproductive system, and at the same time stimulating and invigorating the mind.Analgesic, antirheumatic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, carminative, digestive, emmenagogue, laxative, parturient, stimulant and tonic.
2. Nutmeg has found increasing use in perfumery lately for the Modern spicy perfumes and for men’s fragrance in after shaves And other lotions. Small additions in fantasy bouquets and Aldehydic perfumes, florals etc can have very interesting effects. Has a very interesting effect in florals especially Jasmine.
DIY (do it yourself):
1. Nutmeg oil can be used in face cleansers and moisturizers.
2. Facial Mask:1 teaspoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 drop of cinnamon, 1 drop of nutmeg oil.
3. Although nutmeg oil can often be found in hair products, it can also be added to your favorite shampoo and conditioner for shiny, strong, and healthy hair.
4. Massage a couple of drops of nutmeg oil into your scalp to make your hair stronger & shinier and to prevent hair fall.
Blends Well With: Lavender, Rosemary, Orange, Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Ginger, and Ylang-ylang oils.
Harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes. Nutmeg essential oil should not be used by pregnant ladies.
You may also like:
|Product Name||Nutmeg Oil|
|Botanical Name||Myristica fragrans|
|Method of Production||Steam Distillation|
|Color and Appearance||Light yellow to pale yellow clear liquid.|
|Odor||Warm, suave, spicy balsamic and strong aromatic odour.|
|Country of Origin / Production||India|
|Main ingredients||Alpha Pinene, Sabinene, Beta Pinene, Gamma Terpinene. Myristicin , Elemicin , Paracymene , Limonene.|
|Density 20 0 C||0.8895|
|Refractive Index 20 0 C||1.4794|
|Flash Point||Not determined, estimated above 80 Degree C|
|Solubility||Insoluble in water, soluble in oils & alcohol|
|Stability||24 months shelf life if stored properly|
|Storage||To be kept in closed container, in a dark, fresh & dry place|
|Safety||Harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes.|