Product Name : Bergamot Oil
Botanical Name : Citrus bergamia
Country Origin : Italy
100% Pure & Natural
Bergamot is the most delicate of the citrus plants, requiring special climate and soil in order to thrive. Italians have used Bergamot for years to reduce feelings of stress and to soothe and rejuvenate skin. In Greece, the unripe fruits are used as sweetmeats, eaten by the spoonful as a dessert or with coffee. Bergamot is unique among citrus oils due to its ability to be both uplifting and calming, making it ideal to help with anxious and sad feelings. It is also purifying and cleansing for the skin while having a calming effect.
Citrus, yet fruity and sweet with warm spicy floral nuance.
Green or olive green, mobile liquid.
The oil is extracted from the fruit' peel. Cold pressing technique is used to extract the oil out of the skin.
1. Bergamot oil is also used for flavoring purposes e.g. Earl Grey tea and in candy-making.
2. It is also used in aroma therapy to treat depression and also as a digestive aid. Its scent is fruity-sweet with the mild spicy note. Bergamot oil is used in production of both female and male perfumes and in most fragrance groups, mainly in top notes.
3. It has brilliant antiseptic properties and a great smell. It can be used as vapor in a room; put hot water in a bowl with a few drops of the essential oil, or put some oil on a tissue near the radiator in a warm room. Replace every few hours.
DIY (do it yourself):
1. Massage 1-2 drops of Bergamot oil into the stomach as needed or with each meal to aid digestion.
2. Apply to the feet before bedtime or use with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
Blends well with: Basil, Benzoin, Lemongrass , Palmarosa, etc.
Bergamot oil can cause severe skin burning when used on sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes inner ears and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product. Bergamot oil is used in a great deal in cosmetics, however, even in dilution, sometimes; it can provoke over-pigmentation of the skin.
|Method of Production
|Color and Appearance
|Green or olive green, mobile liquid.
|Citrus, yet fruity and sweet with warm spicy floral
|Country of Origin / Production
|Limonene, Linalyl Acetate, Linalool, Gamma Terpinene,
|Density 20 0 C
|Refractive Index 20 0 C
|Not determined, estimated above 80 Degree C
|Insoluble in water, soluble in oils & alcohol
|24 months shelf life if stored properly
|To be kept in closed container, in a dark, fresh & dry place
|Harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes.