Product Name : Basil Oil
Botanical Name : Ocimum basilicum
Country Origin : India
100% Pure & Natural
Basil has a warm, spicy, yet herbal aroma known to reduce anxious feelings. Basil provides great benefits to both the mind and body due to its high linalool content, making it an ideal application to help reduce feelings of tension when applied to the temples and back of the neck. Basil is commonly used in cooking to add a fresh, herbal flavour to meats, pastas, and entrée dishes, and it is also cooling to the skin. The aroma of Basil helps promote a sense of focus and a stress-relieving experience.
Spicy, anise, green, herbal
Pale yellow to yellow clear liquid.
Basil leaves are used for the extraction of this essential oil and generally the natural process of extraction is adopted to obtain this oil as it helps in retaining the all beneficial properties of it. The pure oil thus obtained has the refreshing aroma.
1. Basil Essential Oil has been used for a long time in traditional Indian Ayurveda medicine for its property to clear the mind and help with mental focus and concentration.
2. Medicinally, it is also used to clear the sinuses, promote digestion and to stimulate respiratory circulation.
DIY (do it yourself):
1. Use 3 Drops with grape seed oil on the tummy during menopause.
2. A simple remedy for anxiety or stress is a mixture of 5ml soya oil, a drop of Marjoram and 2 drops of basil oil.
3. One drop of basil oil in hot water bowl and inhaling it helps in colds and hay fever.
4. Use basil leaves with wine. 1-2 drops in your bottle of red wine should do wonders. Because of its aphrodisiac effect, drink a glass before meals with your loved one.
Blends Well With: Amyris, Fennel, Bergamot, Orange, Geranium
Basil Essential Oil may irritate sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Because of its high methyl chemical content, this oil can cause adverse effect in sensitive subjects, and may even cause cancer in high doses.
|Common Name||Basil Oil|
|Botanical Name||Ocimum basilicum|
|Method of Production||Steam Distillation|
|Color and Appearance||Pale yellow to yellow clear liquid.|
|Odor||Spicy, anise, green, herbal.|
|Country of Origin / Production||India|
|Main ingredients||Methyl Chavicol , Linalool.|
|Density 20 0 C||0.9434|
|Refractive Index 20 0 C||1.5074|
|Optical Rotation||(-) 5.506|
|Flash Point||Not determined, estimated above 80 Degree C|
|Solubility||Insoluble in water, soluble in oils & alcohol|
|Stability||24 months shelf life if stored properly|
|Storage||To be kept in closed container, in a dark, fresh & dry place|
|Safety||Harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes.|