Product Name : Peppermint Oil
Botanical Name : Mentha piperita
Country Origin : India
100% Pure & Natural
Peppermint essential oil has an intense, distinctive aroma. It also provides a cooling sensation when used topically, and even a very small amount of the oil can pack quite a punch. The oil, as well as the peppermint plant, contains high amounts of menthol and menthone, which are compounds that have antiseptic, anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral effects. Thus, peppermint oil can help treat a variety of health issues. Since peppermint essential oil is quite strong, you only need a little to enjoy its full effects. This means, of course, that you need to be careful in using it to make sure that you don’t experience side effects.
Fresh, minty, powerful.
Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid.
Peppermint essential oil is extracted from the leaves of the peppermint plant through steam distillation. This is the most common method used in extracting the aromatic essence of any plant. The high-temperature steam, combined with pressure, induces the release of the essential oil
1. This cooling and refreshing essential oil is used in aromatherapy to stimulate the mind, increase mental agility and to increase focus, while cooling the skin, reducing redness and calming irritation and itchiness.
2. It furthermore helps to ease the spastic colon, a migraine, headaches, sinus and chest congestion and boosts the digestive system.
DIY (do it yourself):
1. Facial Scrub: 4 drops peppermint oil, 2 tablespoons olive oils, 3 teaspoons table salts.
2. Facial mask for a clear skin: 2 tablespoons cucumbers, grated, 2 tablespoons green clay 5 ml diluted peppermint oil.
3. Adding a few drops of this oil into your daily beauty regimen is an easy and effective way to achieve healthy and radiant skin.
Blends Well With: Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Tangerine, Mandarin, Sweet Orange, Rosemary.
Peppermint oil is non-toxic and non-irritant in low dilutions, but sensitization may be a problem due to the menthol content. It can cause irritation to the skin and mucus membranes and should be kept well away from the eyes. It should be avoided during pregnancy but should not be used on children under seven.
|Common Name||Peppermint Oil|
|Botanical Name||Mentha piperita|
|Method of Production||Steam Distillation|
|Color and Appearance||Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid.|
|Odor||Fresh, minty, powerful.|
|Country of Origin / Production||India|
|Main ingredients||L-Menthol, Menthone, Iso-Menthone, Menthyl Acetate.|
|Density 20 0 C||0.9015|
|Refractive Index 20 0 C||1.4599|
|Flash Point||Not determined, estimated above 80 Degree C|
|Solubility||Insoluble in water, soluble in oils & alcohol|
|Stability||24 months shelf life if stored properly|
|Storage||To be kept in closed container, in a dark, fresh & dry place|
|Safety||Harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes.|