Difference Between Essential Oil & Fragrance Oil
From skincare to personal care, essential oils have found widespread usage across the consumer product industry. Their increasing popularity is due to their versatile properties that include anti-microbial and anti-oxidants. However, over the years, there have been many variations of these oils. Fragrance oil being one of them. If you are divided over the difference between these two, we hope this guide helps you!
A Guide to Essential Oil & Fragrance Oil
What Sets Essential Oil Apart?
Essential oils are extracted from plants using distillation and other scientific extraction processes. Once that is done, essential oil manufacturers will dilute these highly concentrated extracts and make them available for use. Each plant extract will have many chemically active compounds that can help you tackle acne bacteria to soothe your nerves. Want to know more? Let’s dive into the several uses of essential oils:
- Aromatherapy: In aromatherapy, certain blends help in relieving stress and other anxiety-causing hormones. Inhaling them may soothe your worries and refresh your mood. Some popular blends include lavender, lemon, orange, bergamot, and others.
- Skin Care & Personal Care: Personal care products such as soaps and detergents have essential oils because of their anti-microbial properties. On the other side, some of them have beneficial hydrating properties that can moisturize your skin.
- Immunity Boosting: Our immunity system is affected by many factors. Adding essential oil to your daily regimen is known to help people ward off many harmful viruses, bacteria, and other germs for a healthy body. Buying from reputed essential oil suppliers and getting proper guidance can help you boost your immune system.
- Helps in Inflammation: Carefully applying essential oils can assist in reducing inflammation. Anti-oxidant rich blends have a soothing effect on your inflated area and can even soothe migraines or headaches.
What is Fragrance Oil All About?
Also known as aromatic oil, these are synthetic aromatic components that are diluted using a carrier by professional fragrance oil manufacturers. With these blends, you can craft many perfumes, home care products, and others for a pleasant environment. They are available in many varieties to ensure that you get the right one for your application. Let’s learn about their various application for an informed decision!
- Candle Making: Scented candles are popular because they can quickly dissipate a pleasing aroma in your home and ensures positivity. Fragrance oils such as lavender, bergamot, and others will create a relaxing scent.
- Perfume: Do you love the unique scent of perfumes? That’s partially due to the use of fragrance oils. With several options to choose from, you can curate it as per your tastes and preferences and enjoy the benefits of long-lasting freshness.
- Cleaning Products: Certain cleaning products have fragrance oils for a fresh appeal. Laundry and bath products such as detergents and liquid soaps have them for clean smelling clothes and home.
Which One Should You Pick?
If you are confused about which one to pick, the answer is simple- It all depends on the application! For applying on your skin, you should prefer natural essential oils. While for a pleasant aroma, you should opt for the fragrance oil. Both of them have their uses and benefits. It is smart to know about them and use them for your application.
One thing you watch out for is the supplier’s credential. Buy from a reputed essential oil manufacturer. That way, you can get the best experience and ensure that you are using the right product for your wellness.